I really like cooking with a slow cooker, so this is another slow cooker recipe!
- 4 average sized pork chops
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup sesame oil (Brand: LEE KUM LEE)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (Brand: KIKKOMAN GLUTEN FREE)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 yellow onion, cut into chunks. (I cut it into about 8 chunks)
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of broccoli chunks
- 3 table spoons of shaved ginger (note: this is an estimation)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 table spoon of roasted sesame seeds
- 2 table spoons of honey
There’s really no special instructions to go with these. Put everything in the slow cooker, and turn on! I want it to be ready before I have to leave for work so I’m cooking it on HIGH for roughly 4 hours. If you have more time, you could let it cook for 7-8 hours on LOW.
Flash forward a few hours, the whole house smells like Chinese take out and it is delicious! The veggies are sweet and tender, and the pork is cooked well, and soaked in a lot of the ginger flavour.
Overall, it’s definitely a dish I’m going to make again. Next time I make this, I might try beef instead of pork and see if it turns out as good!